Q: What is the best way to view my movies with movieola
A:There are three ways:
1. Use the traditional Open command
2. Drag and Drop , which is the intuitiv way
3. Double cklick a movie in the finder, which is the fastest way.
Q:How do I establish the fastest way to open movies ?
A:You need to establish movieola as your favorite app, which is done by following steps:
1. Select a movie file with a .mov extension in the finder
2. Open the Get Info Panel via the Finder File Menu or type cmd i
3. Click the open with: item in the panel
4. Select movieola from the popup menu as your favourite app
5. Click the Change All… button below (important)
… and there you go. Now, always when you double click a .mov file movieola will present your movie very quickly. This also works for other files like .mp4 .mpeg , or for sound files like .aif .mp3 .wav .m4a . Or even for grafics and photos like .jpg .tif .png and others. If you are aware about your QuickTime components / codecs on your system you may also establish movieola as your favourite app for .avi . wmv and others.
Two more notes on that issue:
– it is important that you confirm your entries with the button Change All !
Otherwise the action applies only for the current selected movie file.
– movieola opens only one movie at a time !
Q:Where can I download the latest QuickTime Version
A: Currently it is the Version 7 for OS-X 10.6.3 and later. Download here
Q:I want to play ProRes Files with movieola. How do I establish that ?
A:You need to download the ProApps QuickTime codecs from Apple
Then you have also acces to : Apple Intermediate Codec, Apple ProRes, AVC-INTRA, DVCPRO HD, HDV, XDCAM HD / EX / HD422, MPEG IMX and Uncompressed 4:2:2
Q:I want to play RED Files with movieola. How do I establish that ?
A:You need to download the „Apple Workflow Installer“ from RED. Current version is v2.0
Q:I want to play AVI Files with movieola. How do I establish that ?
A:You need to download the latest Perian components for QuickTime. It is still available.
Q:I want to play WMV Files with movieola. How do I establish that ?
A:You need to download the latest Flip4Mac components for QuickTime.
Links in this Article:
Media formats supported by QuickTime Player
If you would like to send us feedback about our products, please fill in the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Does our FAQ help ?